Buildings account for more than 40 percent of all energy use in the U.S., and in urban areas, buildings make up 60 to 75 percent of all energy use.
Nationwide, buildings accounts for about 40 percent of total use of fossil fuels.
A two-part approach — reducing energy consumption in existing buildings, and designing new buildings to zero-net-carbon standards — is essential for communities to reach their clean energy goals.
Large Commercial Buildings
CLEER helps building owners initiate a customized plan for building efficiency and sustainability, or implement plans that are already in place, in order to reach energy savings targets.
Our direct building efficiency services include:
- Analyzing each facility’s energy usage data.
- Identifying efficiency and renewable energy projects and operational changes that can deliver measurable savings and meet goals for return on investment.
- Confirming available grants, financing and rebates, and assisting with applications.
- Developing beyond-code energy and sustainability guidelines for new construction and remodels.
- Providing ongoing consulting and technical assistance to ensure lasting benefits.
Access to quality energy data is an essential tool. CLEER’s Building Energy Navigator can help your organization track energy use, spending and carbon emissions. Learn more here.
Savings for Businesses and Families
CLEER helps utilities, nonprofits and local governments reach energy savings targets by providing energy consulting services to businesses and households within their service area.
Our community-based building efficiency services include:
- Consulting with businesses and households (owners and tenants) to help participants navigate the energy upgrade process.
- Identifying available grants, financing and rebates, and assisting participants with applications.
- Organizing community outreach and education campaigns, including workshops.
- Providing program-related information to contractors.
- Managing client-funded rebate pools.
- Reporting results and success stories to clients and the community.