Sept. 12, 2022 – CLEER needs to fill some pretty big shoes! We’re looking to hire a new Associate Director to manage day-to-day operations that include several major programs. The Associate Director supervises program staff, develops and monitors budgets, liaises with area governments and much more. Think you might be qualified? Here’s the full job announcement:
Position announcement: Associate Director
Clean Energy Economy for the Region (CLEER) works to accelerate the transition to a clean energy economy, increase energy independence and reduce our contribution to climate change. Based in Carbondale, CO, CLEER acts as a catalyst to bring together local governments, utilities, businesses and individuals to set and achieve ambitious emissions-reduction goals. As a nonprofit consultancy, CLEER manages multiple programs and projects in western Colorado and statewide, including Garfield Clean Energy, ReCharge Colorado (14 counties) and the Colorado Clean Diesel Program.
Working in partnership with the Executive Director and Program Managers, the Associate Director manages day-to-day operations and delivery of programs for CLEER on the topics of Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Clean Mobility as part of delivering CLEER’s mission of advancing the clean energy economy and accelerating community-based climate solutions. This is a full-time, salaried position based in CLEER’s Carbondale office.
- Manage program staff consisting of 3-5 direct reports.
- Manage major program contracts.
- Advise and coach team staff in the design and implementation of program delivery and skill development.
- Serve as a liaison with local governments in western Colorado.
- Work with the Executive Director, Program Managers and Finance Manager to plan and manage program budgets.
- Partner with Program Managers and Communications Director to plan and develop communications plans and approaches; help shape ongoing communications strategies and materials.
- Coordinate team development and staff training.
- Engage in fundraising efforts, business development and outreach to continue and expand CLEER programs.
- Take an active role in ongoing staff recruitment and training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Senior-level experience managing multiple programs in a nonprofit, consultancy or government agency.
- Experience managing complex programs, including project deliverables, teams and budgets.
- Technical experience in a resilience- or climate-related field and/or experience in providing training and technical assistance to build the capacity of community-based organizations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and personal integrity.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to varied cultural and policy contexts; ability to work with people with differing perspectives and backgrounds.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work within a budget and develop and follow administrative procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in fields related to clean energy, climate protection, planning or sustainable transportation.
- Five or more years of relevant professional experience.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the western Colorado region.
- Commitment to learning and continued professional development; potential for increased responsibility.
- Commitment to CLEER’s mission and goals of reaching energy efficiency, climate protection and clean mobility goals.
- $85,000-95,000 annual salary, depending on experience.
- Benefits include 16 hours of paid time off per month, $700/month health stipend and 3% retirement match.
Email the following materials to Executive Director Alice Laird, firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for 3 professional references
The deadline for applications is Oct. 3, 2022.