Investment in energy efficiency pays very real economic and quality-of-life dividends. It’s part of CLEER’s mission to help individuals and local businesses get their share of the benefits. In this way, we’re working not only for a more low-carbon future, but also for a more equitable one.
CLEER’s programs have enabled thousands of people to lower their energy costs, make their homes safer and more comfortable, and make their businesses more profitable.
HOMEOWNERS & RENTERS
CLEER has developed a suite of free services to help individuals make their homes more energy-efficient.See More
CLEER piloted the CARE program in Garfield County, a real game-changer for families that are struggling with high heating and cooling bills.See More
Through its free consulting services, CLEER has helped local businesses and their employees, commercial landlords, contractors, facility managers, and the local economy as a whole.See More
HOMEOWNERS & RENTERS
CLEER has developed a suite of free services to help individuals make their homes more energy-efficient.
We provide home energy assessments to determine the most cost-effective fixes; energy coaching to access rebates and financing; and connections with specialized contractors and suppliers. (We also work with utilities to develop their rebate and financing programs, and we build up the network of local service providers by hosting professional trainings.) Here’s what that means for homeowners and renters:
- Saved money on upgrades such as added insulation and air sealing, replacement windows, a new boiler/furnace, or a solar electric or solar hot water system.
- Saved money on heating and cooling bills.
- Fewer drafts in winter, and less heat buildup in summer.
- Mold, radon and asbestos mitigation.
LOW INCOME RESIDENTS
With Energy Outreach Colorado, CLEER piloted the CARE (Colorado’s Affordable Residential Energy) program in Garfield County in 2015, which has since been expanded into 21 other counties. The program is a real game-changer for families that are struggling with high heating and cooling bills.
The resulting savings average $575 per household – a big help for tight budgets. In addition, the retrofits usually improve comfort (upgraded houses and trailers hold their warmth better in winter and are easier to keep cool in summer) and often improve safety (broken windows, poorly vented furnaces). Seniors account for a large percentage of the beneficiaries, and they typically rave about the marked improvement to their living situations.
Through its free consulting services, CLEER has helped local businesses and their employees, commercial landlords, contractors, facility managers, and the local economy as a whole.
Here’s just a partial list of the benefits of CLEER’s programs to the business community:
- Lowered heating, cooling, lighting and maintenance costs, which add to the bottom line.
- Increased sales, thanks to better lighting, improved customer experience, etc.
- Happier, more productive employees, thanks to greater comfort, improved air quality, better visibility, etc.
- Better retention of tenants.
- Increased business for contractors and other businesses that specialize in energy-efficiency upgrades.
- More money recirculating in the local economy